Monday, September 15, 2008

911...I Need the Fashion Police!

I was at Target the other day shopping around when I spotted THESE. My mouth literally fell open and I said (a little too loudly) "Oh. My. Gosh. No. They. Didn't. WHO in their RIGHT mind would have brought THESE back?" Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to the whole legging thing, I think they are cute when worn with the right shirt/dress and shoes, but not a FLORAL patterend legging! I mean WOOF! I just couldn't believe my eyes. I think I had these exact leggings when I was 10! And that's right where they should have stayed, in 1990. I thought Target had better taste than that!

Sorry the flash made them a little bright...I was trying to hurry before the undercover security guard told me that photographing merchandise wasn't allowed.

And I apologize if I offended anyone with my opinion!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I was laughing when I read this, because I haven't seen floral leggings since my own in second grade! I completely agree, solid color leggings are the ONLY acceptable ones to bring back. What are you thinking Target?

Eric said...

Target had these?! Sad! I love Target, but these are definitely unacceptable.

The Ketchup Queen said...

Oh I so forgot to tell you this. The other day in my class there was a lady wearing Purple leggings with the strap at the bottom. Gosh I can't remember the name of them...got it...Stirup pants! ha! I could not believe it, if I didn't know texting would piss my teacher off I would have texted you right then. Oh did I tell you I'm trying to brown nose in his class cause I need all the brownie points I can get! :) ha!

Anonymous said...

Ew - seriously. Next we'll be seeing tight-rolled jeans. Next time I dare you to try them on and take a picture! :)

Michelle said...

I am serious, I think I had the same ones.. so not cool!!

Deanna said...

ewwww, those were never cool on anyone over the age of 10!! or at least they shouldn't have been!

caroline said...

ha ha- I just saw these yesterday at Target. I almost thought that your post had to be a mistake (what!? those at Target- no way!) but there they were. Of course in the 75% off rack- tons of them! Funny thing is I had these exact floral pattern leggings way back when. Seriously I did! . I really LOVE Target but Definitely not one of their better fashion picks.