Monday, October 6, 2008

Cell Phones Do Not Equal Chew Toys

Please don't call the CPS on me after reading this! Like all babies, Will is fascinated by cell phones and remote controls. If he sees one and you remove it from his sight thinking, out of sight out of mind, you are wrong! That little bugger will look for it and go crazy until you give it to him. I got a new cell phone last week so I let him start playing with my other one yesterday during conference. I was trying to watch and he was so squirmy and whiney and all he wanted was the phone. I gave it to him and he was still and quiet I swear for 15 minutes. You know how there is always a little rubbery cover that sticks in the place where the charger goes? Well that cover was broken off this phone but I didn't think anything of it. Today while at Chick-Fil-A with my mom I noticed that inside that little port it looked like a corroded battery or something. It was all rusty and green. I immediately took the phone away from Will and started freaking out. I guess his saliva did that? I wish I could take a picture to show but I threw the phone away earlier. I was really upset but I tried to not worry since he only got the phone handed down to him yesterday. And I know it didn't look like that before, because just a week ago I was using it and charging it every night. Crazy huh? I just never knew that could even happen.

So I now take Worst Mother of the Year award. PLEASE do not let your kids chew on your cell phones. And if I am the only mom that does--I mean DID--this, then I am terribly embarrassed and please don't let me know it!

1 comment:

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

You are NOT a bad mom at all. Sometimes you just want your baby to be quiet and you'll do anything for that to happen!