Monday, November 24, 2008

7 Years & Counting...

Today, Nathan and I celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary! In this day and age, that is actually quite a feat. It hasn't always been easy that is for sure, but at the end of the day I am happy with the choice we made 7 years ago. I love the guy and I'm glad that he still loves me! Sometimes I can be pretty difficult. ;) I really dig Top 10 lists, so here are the top ten reasons why I fell in love (and still love) my husband:

1.) He's terribly funny

2.) He is a hard-worker, always thinking of ways to provide for our family

3.) He is an awesome, awesome dad.

4.) He is the most kind and giving guy I know.

5.) He enjoys chick-flicks

6.) He refuses to let me go to bed mad at him!

7.) He will watch 'my shows' with me and pretends to enjoy it, giving his own commentary and all

8.) He gives me thoughtful gifts, which I always enjoy ;)

9.) He loves to eat as much as I do...and more!

10.) He thinks I'm pretty no matter what I look like!

Here are the last 10 years (we dated for 3 before we got married) in pictures. Enjoy.

Nate and I on my 18th birthday.
Christmas '98


Feeding the ducks for FHE-1999

Thanksgiving night bowling. A day or 2 before we got married.
Our reception...(why hello there Uncle Bill!)

Our wedding pictures (we were on a low budget)
My 23rd birthday

Our family-together for eternity!


Nathan's cousin's wedding. That is his mom and then his Nana and Papa that are now passed away. Nathan cleans up nicely don't ya think? ;)
In Grand Cayman on our first cruise. We didn't have a honeymoon so we used this as our honeymoon. Just 5 years later!
My work Christmas party 2006.

7 comments:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

merry happy anniversary....the part where you said & counting...trust me you stop counting after 10 yrs!

any who...i hope it is a good one...

Eric said...

Congratulations you guys. That is quite a feat these days. Here's to many more happy years.

ryan and danielle said...

yay! congrats on 7 years! how fun! hope you have a big party and celebrate! :) love all the pics!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I didn't know you guys knew each other since high school! So fun to see the pics :) Have fun celebrating!

caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caroline said...

Congratulations!! I love the pictures! you guys are cute together! We were on a low budget too in the early years (and even still:) - it's the best way to start and makes for good memories- right? Have fun celebrating!!!!

Miffany said...

Man time flies! Love the jeans in the feeding ducks picture! Happy Anniversary!