Saturday, January 3, 2009

Employee Loyalty at its Finest

We went to Jack-In-The-Box the other night after midnight on New Year's and encountered a very interesting employee. His name was Blake and this is what we heard when we pulled up to the order speaker: "Happy New Year, this is Blake, you're my 78th customer of the New Year, what can I get for you?" When we pulled around to the window, Nathan noticed the Jack head tattoo on his forearm and asked about it. Blake encouraged us to take a picture in case when we told our friends they didn't believe us. He said he gets pictures every night. I took a pic but it's a bit blurry because instead of just sticking his arm out the drive-thru window, Black jumped up and hung himself halfway out the window nearly in our truck! It's all good though, I got my picture and we took our Breakfast Jacks and went home. Blake was an interesting character who obviously takes pride in his job! It was by far the most interesting drive-thru encounter I've ever had.


7 comments:

taryn said...

haha! what an interesting guy. i'm glad he is so happy being a jack in the box employee, but that is kinda scary that he stuck his arm into your car!

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

I have never like the toy JACK in THE BOX because of the scary nature of the toy...just the thought of a food joint that was called JACK IN THE BOX..Who knows what type of food or people will jump out at you. Now seeing your blog..that re-assures my thoughts on that subject.

Eric said...

That's awesome! I guess its good he likes his job.

ryan and danielle said...

hahahaha! that is funny! and it is some serious loyalty!

Veda said...

Better him than me!

stef j. said...

i'm glad he's found that one someone that makes each day worth living.

caroline said...

interesting fella. They must love his passion at work. interesting...