Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ice Cream and American Idol

Today has just been one of those days where life just seems too overwhelming and nothing is going the way I'd like it to go.
So when Chandler pulled out this hidden tub of chocolate ice cream and asked for some I said HECK YES. I actually thanked this awesome child for finding this beautiful, untouched
half-gallon of Blue Bell goodness.

We made ice cream sundaes complete with Cool Whip and sprinkles.


and we watched American Idol. After that we read our scripture story book and had prayer and off to bed went the little kiddies still on a sugar high.


It was a great ending to a not-so-great day.


6 comments:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

There is nothing better than ice cream and american idol. Thank goodness american's listen to Simon or I would have died if that crazy girl..ya know who I am talking about made it through...I love tv reality shows...love it.

Veda said...

I could use some ice cream, especially chocolate! Sorry your day was rotten. I hope today was smooth sailing!

Eric said...

Ice cream does fix everything...good call!

Rethsey said...

True ice-cream dose salve lots of problems...broken heart, bad day, ect but what kind of Ice-cream did you have. Living far from Texas this is a very important. Was it Blue Bell or Braum's?

caroline said...

Mike couldn't agree with you more on the icecream...Just a scoop or 2 of Blue Bell and he's one happy boy. I need to watch AI. I think I'm the only dork on the planet who doesn't watch it!

Presley family said...

Oh, how I miss blue bell ice cream. Don't tease me with all of that!! No, they do not have blue bell out here. When my dad drove out here in their motor home I made him buy blue bell put it in their freezer and drive it out here. I am not even joking!!!!