Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's on Kristis Phone 1/25/11

What day is it, folks?  TUESDAY!  Time for What's On Krist's Phone linky party day!  If you don't know what this is, then go here to check it out. 


Ready to play?  I thought so.
Today, I thought I was enjoying a nice quiet lunch with friends and our kids.  Not so, folks, not so.  We caught glimpse of a creeper staring our direction for over an hour.  He's there, in that picture below.  From behind.  In the black jacket.  You can barely see him but he's there.  Chester left approx 15 minutes before I did but yet I see him at the store over 40 minutes later just wandering the aisles.  Creepy times a million.

My youngest babe enjoying sleeping in on this sunny January morning.  Why are little ones so stinkin' cute when they're sleeping? 


After that precious sleepy babe woke up he wanted to shower me with kisses and have me take pictures of us.  Of course I said yes.  He would look at the camera and right before I took the picture kiss my cheek.  Is there anything more adorable?  I think not.


Me and the hubs are enjoying life as the self-employed.  Well, sometimes we enjoy it.  Other times it sucks because we're poor and stressed and poor and stressed.  I firmly believe that obeying the commandments as set forth by our Heavenly Father will provide you with blessings of all kinds.  This week, we happened to be blessed with this:

Sorry, it loaded sideways.

I was also blessed with this, this week.  We always collect change [specifically for our poor times] but this go round I had no idea I'd get that much moo-la.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This is Superman.  Duh.  I've had this bank since I was a goofy teen and had a huge obsession with all things Superman.  When I carry this bank into my local Kroger, where the more financially secure community members shop I obviously feel super embarrassed.  Why not put all my change in a plastic bag, you ask?  Because my brain just doesn't work like that.  My brain is not capable of coming up with simple solutions to tasks, both easy and complex.  So there.  That's why.  Anyway, I'm really embarrassed to take this Superman bank into the store, so I tell myself that I'm changing the coins in for my son who is at school and made me promise to do it while he was gone.  I put on my most confident face, stare straight ahead and in I go.  And come out $154 richer. :)


My oldest child is a natural athlete.  It's his God-given talent.  It's fun to watch him play any sport and excel at it.  He dreams of being a pro basketball or football player someday.  He makes me so proud.  I know this kid is destined for great things, no matter what he chooses to do.  That's him, down there.  #6.  Getting ready to shoot the ball and score a goal.  After which the psychotic coach on the other team will scream out, "DON'T YOU LET THAT CLOWN SCORE AGAIN YOU HEAR ME?!?"  That's correct.  A grown man called my 2nd grade child a CLOWN.  All because he scored one basket.  Some people take their sports a little too seriously.


I love lotion.  It makes me happy.  I like to have a wide variety of it.  My current fave is the BBW lemon vanilla.  It smells like Easter candy.  I wish I'd bought more of it when it was 75% off.  Don't you hate when that happens?



Last night I had big, huge, nasty mess on my hands.  One kid clogged the toilet.  The other kid flushed it over and over again (I assume) until it was overflowing and flooded my bathroom...
...then the water decied it would take a trip under/through the walls into my kitchen and out my dishwasher...and out on the other side of the dining room to soak the carpet there.  Just how I wanted to spend my Monday night.
My tv has been taken over by a trillion bubbles of light.  Apparently this is common among this Samsung model (which at this time I don't know what model that is to tell you NOT to buy it).  We are hoping to find a solution to this problem...
...and lastly...and boy am I tired...I love clementines.  Mmmm good.

Now it's your turn!  Go link up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy freak! i loved your post! :) aannndd, i hate creapy chester.
and you totally scored on the change!! too bad they freakin took out $16 bucks :( but at least you got $157!! woo hoo! :)
loved the pics!! xoxo

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

I love all of your stories!!

Miffany said...

I loved those summer vanilla lotions from Bath and Body Works. I totally stocked up on the coconut one this year. It's like pie!
BTW I look forward to these what's on my phone post each week.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

ok so when i go to coinstar i always make my KIDS carry the money and pour it in and i make sure to say outloud, "WOW! look how much money you're getting!!" and then i make my KID take the ticket over to the customer service lady. it's all a nice big show. i've pretty much perfected it.

oh the light bubbles in ur tv? freakin awesome. they just make every show look like it's during fireworks. see that kiss? yea, u just made it like 100 times more romantic.

Corie said...

Fun to read your blog and "catch up" a bit. Your kiddos are too cute, even if they did flood your bathroom (and kitchen). And hey, I think that Superman bank sounds pretty lucky--$154!!! I'd keep using it :)