Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We're Going to the Dallas Zoo

Yesterday Chandler was out of school for a staff development day so we headed out to the zoo with our friends Shannan and Ariah and their kids. We didn't walk around a whole lot because there was quite a bit of construction going on and also because it was hot! We hung out at the children's zoo for the majority of the time. It's fun though because us moms can just sit and talk while the kids run around and do the kiddie zoo thing. Chandler really wanted to see the tigers so after we left the children's area we walked over to see them. We also saw some hilarious monkeys that were following Shannan's girls because they were holding this bag of grapes. I don't know what type of monkey they were but they had really long arms and fingers and swung around so fast and gracefully. I renewed my zoo membership too so we can go more often now. I didn't get to take many pics because my camera battery died. Here are just a few.


This squirrel was funny
Cutie boys in the turtle shell
Mom, can we just go see the animals now? GOSH!

1 comment:

Miffany said...

I think you're talking about the gibbons even though they're not monkeys. They are by the tigers and the Dallas zoo's are really animated. I love seeing them when I go there. I wish I could have gone to the zoo.