Yesterday was my 28th birthday. Yipee! I'm 1 year closer to 30! Only 2 years to go. At this point you might be wondering why anyone would be so crazy to want to be older than they are, especially with the end of their 20's so near. Well here's why: all my life I have wanted to be older than I was, it's just human nature. You know, when you're 10 you want to be 12, then you want to be 14 and then 16 and then 18...so on and so on. Maybe I've always had older friends or something, because I feel like I was always being told, "Oh you're so young, you're just a baby." And I was always being called, 'Honey' and 'Sweetheart' by my friends which I hated because I felt like it was so condescending. When I reached 20 I thought this would stop happening but it didn't. With every passing year I thought I would stop hearing people tell me that I was so young, but I guess my problem is that I run with an 'older' crowd. Not
old by ANY means (please do not take offense!!) but older than me. I should be thrilled that I still have the youth of my 20's for 2 more years, but I just can not wait until the day I hit the big 3-0. I'm going to have a BIG party. But, for now, I am 28. So here's how my big day went down: we went to Chandler's soccer game at noon, then ate lunch at The Olive Garden with my parents, sister and brother-in-law and father-in-law. We came home for a while, changed and went over to my parents' house to have cake. Then we left the kids at my parents' and headed over to our friends' Chris and Missy's house. We met Nathan's cousin Eric and Amber there too and after chatting for a while, we all piled in Chris' Tahoe to go to Pappasito's for dinner. When we arrived at Pappasito's it was too crowded due to all the Texas fans celebrating a big win and OU fans drowning their sorrows in good Mexican food so we went out to Mercado Juarez. YUM! We ate and then went back to Chris and Missy's. The boys watched a movie and the girls talked and ate brownies! We also stared at Chris and Missy's new baby, Brooke, because she is a precious little angel. It made me really want to have another baby. I must be losing my mind! My parents dropped the kids off to us at Chris and Missy's because they had gone out to the drive-in theatre in Palmer. We got home last night around midnight after a full day of fun and good food. Man I think I gained 15 lbs. Yikes. It was a good birthday and I'm glad I got to celebrate with good people.

I like cake but am not a huge fan, I would rather have rice krispie treats! I've been having a rice krispie cake for maybe 5 years now. MMMM GOOD!
Waiting to sing Happy Birthday. The card in front of me is from my parents. It was super sweet and included the best gift ever: 2 days and 2 nights of child care! YESSSSSSSSSS!
Chandler loves blowing out candles, so he helped me.
Don't ya love his outfit? He picked it himself. He's really excited about the upcoming basketball season.
Nathan and I outside Mercado Juarez. Good food!

This is Chris and Missy and their new baby Brooke. She's soooo sweet. They are so happy to be parents and are such nice people. Chris and Missy are actually Eric's (below) uncle and aunt. Eric is Nathan's cousin. Chris is Eric's dad's brother and Nathan's mom and Eric's mom are sisters, so Nathan and Chris aren't related in any way, but they have always claimed Nathan as their nephew since Nathan and Eric were always very close growing up. They are the sweetest and we love them.
Eric and his wife Amber. We love these guys.

Baby Brooke...3 weeks old

Me and Brooke
Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?
3 comments:
Oh she is so cute. She is 3 weeks old, peyton is 2 months and smaller than that. crazy!
Happy Birthday! That rice krispy cake is so cute, good idea. And I love the little baby pictures! I'm in baby mode right now :)
Happy Belated birthday!!
What a fun day! I'm with you on the running with an older crowd and always being told that I'm just a baby.. oh wait that was way back when before I turned 30! Never mind, you are just a baby - hee hee!
ps-*on a side note - let's start posting tons of the cutest baby pictures ever since Taryn is in baby mode! We need to strike while the iron's hot! We need more Asay cousins to play with!
Post a Comment