A sweet conversation I had with Chandler the other day:
Our friend Amber from church was pregnant with her first baby and had to be put on bed rest just 20-something weeks into her pregnancy so that the baby wouldn't be born very pre-maturely. Since Chandler loves to say family prayer every night I told him this so he could include our friends in his prayers. Every night he had been praying, "Please bless that Amber's baby won't come out until it's supposed to." Kind of cute the way he worded it. Anyway, the baby was born last week (6 weeks early) and is doing great. I showed Chandler the pictures of the baby and explained that since she was now born we needed to change our prayer to a blessing that her lungs will grow and develop so she can be healthy. He looked at the picture of the baby and after a minute he said, "Man mom, now that I see that baby and see that she is born and healthy, I really do know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I really do know that now." I was grateful in that moment to be reminded that yes, He does answer our prayers, but also to know that Chandler is really holding on to what he is learning at home and in Primary.
We can't wait to meet our little newborn friend. :)
14 years ago










2 comments:
Wow! What a story. I can hardly type right now because my eyes are filled with tears. Thanks for sharing that experience with us. What a smart little boy Chandler must be!!! :)
What a great lesson to learn! And at such a young age...he's ahead of the game.
Post a Comment