Friday, May 1, 2009

Evening in the E.R.

Last week Nathan started having chest pains. After a few days of having them off and on, he finally went to the emergency room. I'm sure you are asking why he waited 3 days before going to the e.r. The reason is because he has had chest pains in the past and when he's gone in, they have told him it is just "chest wall pain" caused by stress and anxiety. So this time around he was pretty sure that was all these pains were from and he thought they would go away. But after a few days he decided he ought to get checked out. Off to the hospital we went. After a few hours of hanging out wearing a not-so-comfy hospital gown and having a few tests run, they couldn't find anything wrong. Which is good for sure. They did determine that the pain is probably from just what we thought: stress and anxiety. Nothing can be done to cure that unfortunately. We left with a reccommendation to see a cardiologist for a stress test. Since then, Nathan has been feeling a little better so that's good. He took the rest of the week off from work and was able to rest and have som down time which he needed. We'll see what the cardiologist says after the stress test is done. Probably that Nathan's STRESSED. Haha.


The needle that the nurse used to stick him was super HUGE! ICK!


I played on my iPhone (man what did I ever do without that thing? I'm so spoiled.)
and took messages for Nathan since he was out of commission for a while. (or that's what I told people at least...I thought it was good for him to have a break from the continuous calls, he gets like 100 calls a day, FOR REAL)

He was very nice about being my photo subject. Maybe he didn't know they would end up on my blog, heehee ;)

AFTER we left the hospital, we were close to one of our favorite places, Texadelphia. So we stopped in for some DEEEEEELISH cheesesteak sandwiches. Oh my gosh I cannot tell you how much I love this place.


4 comments:

taryn said...

Ahh! I hope Nathan is feeling better and relaxing somewhere :) I'm sorry you had to go to the hospital but I'm glad you could turn it around by going to a fun place!

Eric said...

That's pretty scarey! I'm glad he's doing ok. These boys get so stressed with work (and the dang economy). Its important for them to get a break. I hope the stress test goes okay too.

ryan and danielle said...

glad he is feeling a little better! hopefully he slows down a little to de-stress his life!

and i SOOOO love texadelphia too! they have the BEST queso!! mmm!

S+S said...

not fun. Hope Nathan is better now.