Sunday, May 3, 2009

Goodbye Sisters

I am late in posting this, but several weeks back Sister Holmes (far right) was transferred from our ward to another ward...not sure where she went...hmm I should find out. Okay sorry that was random. Anyway, the night before her transfer she came by to say goodbye. She and I had become pretty good friends and I was so sad to see her go. When they got there and I asnwered the door I was super surprised to see Sister Avila standing on my porch! Why you ask? Because Sister Avila had been transferred to Gilmer, Tx several months before. It turned out that Sister Avila and Sister Holmes were both getting transferred to new areas the next day so Sis Avila was in town and was able to stop by and say hello. Hello, AND goodbye, because just 3 weeks later she would be leaving the mission and going home. It was great to be reunited for a short while with these 2 fabulous girls that I grew to love so much. They will always have a special place in my heart and in my family's hearts.

Sorry that this picture is so terrible, it came out really blurry and I tried using a different effect to make it more visible.

3 comments:

The Ketchup Queen said...

OH that is so sweet that they were both back again. Maybe after they are home they will come back and visit you. I love our missionaries right now. I fed them on Saturday then they had to leave for an appointment and they surprised us and came back after and played games till they had to go home. I learned a new card game it is so so fun! I will teach you before you go on your cruise if you want.

ryan and danielle said...

aww well that was nice to be able to say goodbye!

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Richardson is where Holmes is. Hey before I leave in July and before Ally (aka Sis Holmes) goes home on August 5th let's surprise her and take her to lunch. What do you think of that idea?