Saturday, June 6, 2009

Graduation Day

My little boy graduated today.


I know he was only graduating from kindergarten but for some reason my heart was filled with pride and joy for this sweet little boy.

The 60 kindergarteners sang 3 songs for us. They had been practicing for weeks and Chandler knew every single word and motion.

After their performance, he received his diploma from his teacher, Ms. Kennedy.

And then he shook hands with the principal, Mrs. P.

There he is, all graduated! He was the most handsome graduate there that day. Duh. ;)

After the ceremony we went into the library and had refreshments and picked up a little gift that the teachers had made for the parents. It was a refrigerator magnet that looked like a graduation cap with Chandler's picture on it. Before we left we went and found his teacher Ms. Kennedy to take a picture and tell her goodbye. She made me a really special little book that had pictures from Chandler's kindergarten year. She made it for me since I was the room mom. Ms. Kennedy is an awesome teacher and I really enjoyed getting to know her. I am so thankful that she was Chandler's teacher. He loves her.
Then we went and found Ms. Banno. Ms. Banno is the aide that helps out in all 3 kindergarten classes. She is an awesome woman and Chandler thinks the world of her too. She loves Chandler and gave me a card telling me how smart and sweet he is and what a kind heart he has.
Then we made Nathan and Chandler endure picture time outside. We got 1 good one so I was happy.

After the graduation and saying goodbye to school for a whole summer, we went to celebrate at Black Eyed Pea. It was a good afternoon. Nathan and I talked about how proud we are of Chandler and how we know that in the blink of an eye we are going to be watching him walk across the stage at his high school graduation. The last 6 1/2 years has flown by so fast, I know time is only going to go faster. In some ways I am sad but in others I can't wait to see what type of person this guy is going to become. This is only just the beginning.














3 comments:

Eric said...

Yea! Congratulations Chandler! All these kids are growing up too stinking fast!

The Ketchup Queen said...

He is a handsome boy!

ryan and danielle said...

congrats!!! getting so old and grown up!

p.s. how appropriate that the word verification is asking me to type in "grade." :)