He has run the business since May 2008 while working his day job at the same time. It was more than hectic. Over the last year the business has gotten increasingly bigger and busier and Nathan has been so busy just trying to take care of the actual work-work that the paperwork has been highly neglected. It was decided that I must step in and take over as office manager, so for the last 3 weeks that is what I've been doing. I wake up around 7:30 every morning and sit down in this chair to start my day...
...and sometimes find myself still sitting in this chair 12-14 hours later, just trying to sort through all the madness that is an a/c business in the middle of June. I rarely get out of the house these days, I rarely even get out of my pajamas these days! We hired a friend who is home from college to be our summer nanny and she's great, the kids love her. She has been such a blessing to me. She takes the kids out swimming and to the park while I just hang out at home in my chair answering calls for people who say "It's HOT! Help me, my a/c just went out!" One lady even told me that when she woke up, she was so hot that her eyelids were sticking together?!? It stinks that I can't enjoy the summer with my kids and with friends, but it is nice that I get to help Nathan out and feel like this is our business instead of his business. And I get be at home which is fabulous.
Now you know why I cannot find time to blog these days. I will try to get better at it. I don't want to lose what few loyal readers I have.
If you're in the area, come chat with me. I have a nice little cozy chair that sits behind my desk so we can visit while I work. :) I also appreciate it when Taco Bell accompanies any visitor. ;)
Stay cool!!!











4 comments:
o goodness, you are a busy lady! glad you have a nanny to help, otherwise you may just be pulling your hair out. haha. hopefully you can get on top of that pile of paperwork and enjoy some summertime.
I guess the heat is good for your business, but I don't miss it too much! Eyelids sticking together?! That's hilarious! Good luck with the paperwork.
i'm here ... not blogging or commenting much cause it's crazy busy, but here. :)
Busy, Busy, Busy! I will be there the end of July hopefully we can get together.
Post a Comment