Thursday, November 18, 2010

Poo Stinks

*************WARNING, this post contains some gross content regarding bowel movements. If this offends you, please turn back.***********
My 2 1/2 year old, Will, has a really big problem with pooing all over the house or with taking off his poopy Pull-Up and leaving it ANYWHERE but the trash can. He then streaks through the house with poo still stuck to his backside. Sometimes he takes 2-3 baths a day because he gets so gross. The cleanup involved with this issue is beyond time consuming, not to mention disgusting. I am totally exhausted from it all. I have tried all I can think of to stop this behavior but I'm at a loss. Potty train him, you say? Tried that. He's more than happy to pee in the toilet but he will poop in his underwear. I've tried rewards and time outs, and everything in between but to no avail. I'm destined to clean up stinky poo found in the most random of places for the rest of my life. Just Sunday evening I was cleaning dried poo from a bedroom wall. NAAAAAAASTY, I know. What's really funny is that as I type this I am being informed by my 8 year old that Will pooped on the stairs. Nice.
*BIG sigh*
Doodie calls...
PS-My apologies for the cheesy pun above.

2 comments:

taryn said...

Oh man. That stinks! Literally.

Sorry for the cheesy pun above, but not really because I love cheesy puns!

Wright said...

when maggie was small, she would pee in the toilet, but poop in her pants - she was old enough to know better (she would throw her poops in the toilet and then shower off, then put her panties in the washer - so yep - old enough). Finally i just said - "mag, i don't understand - why wont you poop in the toilet?" and she said - "because what if a snake swam up the pipes and into the bowl right as i was pooping? It would land on it's head and hurt him" She reasoned that if she pooped in her panties and then dropped it in the potty, she could see if a snake came. We told her that we had screens in the pipes so a snake couldn't get through that far - problem solved!