Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Year Older & Wiser Too...Kennedy Turns 6!

Kennedy's birthday fell one day before the kids went back to school. Score! She had a fun day that included breakfast and shopping with Daddy, mani/pedi's and more shopping with Mommy, MORE shopping with Grammy, then dinner at CiCi's with the fam, Grammy and Grampy and Grandpa. To end the evening we stuffed ourselves with sugar laden cake and cupcakes and watched Ken open more presents from Grandpa. A great day for a sweet girl to turn 6!


Grandpa and Kennedy. She DID NOT want to smile for pictures today...you'll see proof of this at the bottom. Wait for it...
Don't ask me how I was so lucky to get this smile out of her.
Poor baby. Am I a mean mama or what? Makin' my kid take pictures with me while she screams in my ear. [I assure you she screamed LOUDLY in my ear] Later, after she was calmed down, she told me that she simply doesn't like pictures on her birthday because too many people are starting at her. *sigh* It made for funny and memorable pictures though!
Happy Birthday Kennedy!

2 comments:

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

I can't believe she is 6! I remember when she was in Sunbeams at church! Cute pics! We need to get together soon!

Miffany said...

Nathan's dad is so sweet. I wish I could have been there this night.