Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Athlete

I haven't been taking many pictures lately just because the weather has been really gross.  I was itching to edit some pictures so I just started digging through the thousands of old pics that I never got around to editing.  I went into Chandler's football season file and found this picture of his first game.

He was so excited to play football.  He had been asking to play for a few years.  I was not ready to let him move on from soccer because he was so good at it and I loved watching him play.  But I had to let go.  I should have known that he would be equally as talented at football because that's just the kind of kid that he is.  He has this AMAZING gift that is purely God-given.  He is so good at any sport he plays and it is so fun to watch him love sports and grow as an athlete and a person each new season.  I really look forward to the next season of football even though we are still a good 6 months away.  Sitting in the blazing heat for 2.5 hours twice a week while practices really isn't that big of a deal.  That smile, the pure joy of being apart of a team, the little fist pumps and high fives.  That's what it's all about.




2 comments:

kjirsten said...

That is so awesome about Chandler! I know what you mean, there is just nothing like watching your children find their talents!

taryn said...

Those are cute pics! Go Chandler!