Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Say NO to Auto!

Today, I had my first photo shoot of the new year.  Before every shoot I feel as though a rock star might feel before a concert.  Nauseated and weak in the knees.  I have major performance anxiety, worrying that I might not get the shots that a family is hoping for.  I worry that they will not love my photos and just like them.  I know that like any talent you have to practice in order to get better but I am a very impatient girl and I want everything to look perfect the first time. 

I am still so happy that I took that workshop from this fine photog.  It helped me to take what I'd already learned from this other fine photog as well as what I'd read and make it really work.  I never in a million trillion bazillion years thought I'd be able to shoot pictures that were crisp and sharp and pretty. 

But today, folks.  Today.  I did.  I did it.  I accomplished a big portion of my journey in becoming a fun, awesome, sought after photographer.

Here's the proof:


this is my favorite picture from this entire day, i think.  i can't quite explain why, but i just love everything about it.  i love that this shot happened while i was adjusting my settings and taking some test shots.  that just made it even more awesome.  the pure candid-ness of it.

Here's the whole family minus one.  This is a blended family and the oldest daughter wasn't able to be here.



Happy Day :)

3 comments:

Miffany said...

These are amazing. Good job! I can't wait for you to take pictures of our family.

caroline said...

I LOVE all of them!!! Fabulous job!!!

Eric said...

Were you worried at any time that a train was going to come barreling down the tracks just as you were about to get the PERFECT shot and that you were going to have to tell them to "hold it, almost, just one more second..." to really see how much they trusted your process? just curious.