Sunday, November 16, 2008

Say Hello

Will started waving when he was around 6 months old and it was sooo cute. Whenever I would say Hi he would take his hand and wiggle his fingers in and out. Then he stopped and I couldn't get him to do it anymore. Now he has started again, and today he was full of waves and big open-mouthed kisses. I never post that my kids are doing something new until I am for sure that they are really doing it. I don't want to jump the gun and be like my kid is brilliant if they really aren't! Maybe this stems from an experience I had when Chandler was little: In my baby book my biological father (who was never a very good example of a good or intellegent parent) wrote that when I was 5 months old I said, "I love you Daddy." Now we all know that I surely did not say that; he must have been doing illegal drugs or something when he wrote that. Or he was a pathalogical liar, I don't really know! So when Chandler was little, one day I told our pediatrician what my baby book had said. (Don't ask me why I told him that, but it went with the conversation I do know that) Anyway, Dr. G told me that he was pretty sure that didn't happen. I was so embarrassed, but how was I to know that 5 month old babies didn't speak?!? I was a new mother! Anyway, maybe that is why I reserve my kids' milestones until they show me multiple times whatever new thing they are doing.

Ok, so a lot of rambling I apologize. Please enjoy this video of Will waving hello.

PS-And just in case you're thinking, "Why would she say such things about her dad?!?" The man that I call 'Dad' is actually my step-father and a wonderful person. He is who raised me and I claim him as my father. The biological father I wrote of is someone else that I haven't seen since I was little. :)

2 comments:

The Ketchup Queen said...

That is so cute! Where is his other sock? ha!

Anonymous said...

Cute little wave! What a smarty. I'm still working on that one with Landon. :)