Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Wind Is Not My Friend

Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby. I parked next to a Ford Explorer. While I was getting the baby out of his carseat the wind caught the door and it swung open and hit the car next to me right on the tail light. Luckily it didn't do any damage. I went inside and shopped and when I was putting the baby back into the car, the wind yet AGAIN caught the door, making it fly open hitting the same car's tail light. But THIS time it cracked the light. I thought SERIOUSLY?!? This can't be happening to me TWICE within a month's time! I got in my car to sit down and write that all-too-familiar note (it's a good thing I carry a tiny spiral notebook in my car huh?) to stick under the windshield wiper. As I was crying and trying to write this note the owner came out to her car. I got out (still crying) and told her what happened. She looked at it and said that she thought it would be okay since it was just a tiny crack. I told her I would rather her take my phone number in case she changed her mind. I gave her my number and we parted ways.

I do not like the wind this spring. :(

I need 3 arms/hands: 2 to get my kid in his carseat and 1 to hold my darn door. Or maybe I should start parking way out at the far end of the parking lot where nobody will park next to me. That would probably be a more reasonable solution since I don't think adding an extra appendege to my body would work out.

Dear Wind,
I do love a good breeze on a warm day, but could you do me a favor? When you see me trying to get my kid(s) in and out of the car, could you cease to blow just long enough to allow me to complete this task? My sanity cannot afford any more tail light incidents.

Sincerely,
A wind-loving yet crazy mother.

There. I feel better now. ;)

3 comments:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Are you serious...again......bless your heart Kristi.

Kimbo said...

Welcome to my life in Oklahoma. Constant crazy winds all the time. We had 40+ miles per hour the past week. Thus the reason I don't even bother doing my hair. Hope your luck gets better with dinging peoples cars ;)

Serena said...

Oh Kristi! That is awful, but great that she was so nice. I only have Maggie right now, so I can't imagine how to even do things with 3 kids! Hang in there!!!